- Stocks and bonds not working for you? These alternatives might help — but pay attention to fees.
- Are we in the beginning of a new bull market? The odds are against it.
- Opinion: Stocks are trying to break out of a trading range but resistance is too strong
- Opinion: Retail sector insiders are betting on no recession: 4 undervalued stocks they like now
- Why it might take ‘a stock-market meltdown’ to resolve the debt-ceiling standoff
PacWest Bancorp shares PACW rose 12% in premarket trade after the embattled lender late Friday said it was reducing its dividend. “Given current economic uncertainty, recent volatility in the banking sector and potential changes in regulatory capital requirements, we view reducing the dividend as a prudent step to accelerate our plans to build capital to CET1 of 10%+,” said CEO Paul Taylor in a statement. PacWest shares jumped 82% on Friday, but have fallen 75% this year.